1. Measure your space
Measure the width and depth of the range cutout space in your kitchen.
Entrance & Doorways
Measure the size of the doorways, hallways and other points of entry in your home to ensure your new range will be able to pass through.
Measure the width and depth of your new range.
W: side to side
Add 1” to both sides for air circulation.
D: back to front
Add 2” to depth to accommodate the door handle.
2. is your connection gas or electric?
- Most gas ranges can be connected to a natural gas or propane line.
- Visible flame provides precise control over a wide range of temperature settings. Burners retain little heat when turned off — so cooking stops almost immediately.
- Requirements: Connect to gas line for cooktop and oven and to electric for clock and oven lights.
- Look For: Electronic ignition to light burners instantly. Sealed burners for easy cleanup.
- Available with traditional coil heating elements or ceramic glass cooktops.
- Cooking elements provide consistent, even heat. Oven heats evenly and quickly. Ceramic cooktops are easy to clean.
- Requirements: Connect to electric for cooktop, oven, clock and lights. Ceramic cooktops need special cleaners — available through manufacturer.
- Look for: Hot surface indicators for added safety. Convection fan to circulate oven air for shorter baking times.
3. what features do you want?
Evaluate The Features
Spillsaver™ ceramic Glass cooktop
Features raised edges and smooth surfaces to help make spills and splashes easy to clean.
EasyAccess™ Broiler Door
Spans the width of the oven, allowing large dishes to move smoothly from oven to broiler, rack and all.
Helps facilitate cleaning stuck-on messes on the inside of the oven. Plus, the added insulation makes it more energy efficient.
Pick a color and finish
Most models are available in several colors: Stainless Steel, Black and White.
CHOOSE YOUR ACCESSORIES
Your new range may require that you purchase an additional installation kit in order to fully install your range and get cooking.
Amana brand offers specialized tools built specifically for your new range to help you serve the perfect meal every time, no matter what cooking challenges you take on.
Cleaners & Deodorizers
Find a range of cleaning products made especially for your appliance.
view features, compare models and more.Explore Ranges j
4. Important Considerations
Confirm that electrical output is sufficient for the location of your new range. Check the Use and Care Guide for specific electrical requirements. Check installation instructions for exact measurements.
Decide how you will dispose of your old range, if necessary. Some retailers offer removal of your old range with delivery of your new one. Ranges in good condition may be donated to a local charity.
Contact a licensed professional for installation. New installations may require significant carpentry and electrical skills.