Your dryer is making a noise. A strange noise. Or maybe a light has started flashing unexpectedly.
Let us help you figure out what’s going on.
What’s that noise?
- Small items that may have fallen out of pockets and are rolling around
- Buttons, buckles and zippers often create rattling sounds as well
- Ensure there’s space between your washer and dryer so they don’t knock against each other.
- If you have a dryer pedestal drawer, items in the drawer might move around and make noise.
Some additional causes of thumping:
- Knotted or balled-up clothes
- Dryer is not level
- Dryer has not been used in awhile
- Shoes in the dryer
Check Vent light
This indicates the dryer’s airflow is restricted.
To solve this issue:
- Check for crushed venting. See how here.
- Make sure the internal venting and the vent hood on the exterior of the house are not clogged or blocked by landscaping.
- Ensure that your vent is metal, 4 inches in diameter, the shortest length possible and has as few 90-degree “elbows” as possible.
Clean Lint light
This light reminds you to clean the lint screen after each use.