When it comes to shopping for new washers and dryers, choosing the most affordable options that offer the features you need may seem like a no-brainer. However, there are several factors to consider before you find the right option for your laundry room. Whether you’re upgrading your old appliances or outfitting a new home, use this guide to learn more about buying washer and dryer sets on a budget.
IS IT BETTER TO BUY A WASHER AND DRYER AS A PAIR?
Typically, it is beneficial to buy a washer and dryer as a pair. There are several benefits to doing so, including cycle consistency, matching designs and finishes, similar maintenance services and potentially lower purchasing costs. Buying a laundry set can also make installation easier.
Amana® washers and dryers are designed to make laundry day a breeze without breaking the budget. Amana® top load washers offer large capacity options to help you get more laundry clean in less time, while select dryer options feature Automatic Dryness Control to help prevent overdrying your clothes.
WHAT TYPES OF WASHERS AND DRYERS WORK AS SETS?
There are four main types of laundry sets: top load, stackable front load, laundry centers and all-in-one appliances. Understanding the advantages of each type of washer and dryer set can help you choose the best option for your home.
• Top load: This set is the most common option and typically the most affordable. Top load sets often have large capacity options that can help you get more laundry done in one cycle.
• Front load: These washers and dryers are designed to either be stacked on top of each other or installed side-by-side depending on your laundry room configuration. Front load sets are a great option if you're looking to save space in your laundry room.
• Laundry centers: This option is an appliance that combines a washer and dryer into one stacked unit. Laundry centers typically have a top loading washer on the bottom that connects to a dryer that is stacked on top. They’re great for small spaces, like apartments or RVs, though they typically have a smaller capacity than other options.
• All-in-one appliances: These sets combine a washer, dryer and often a sink into one appliance. Like laundry centers, this option works well for homes with limited space and are relatively easy to install.
ADVANTAGES OF BUYING A WASHER AND DRYER AS A PAIR
There are several benefits to buying your washer and dryer as a pair. Read on below to explore the advantages to help you get started on your shopping journey.
The biggest advantage of having a laundry set is the amount of space it can save you, whether the washer and dryer are side-by-side or stackable. This is because matching sets are typically designed to fit either next to each other or stacked together.
2. Cost Savings
Another advantage of buying a washer and dryer set is the potential cost savings. Many stores offer bundle pricing when you purchase the two appliances together. Additionally, you may be able to get reduced service and installation fees.
3. Easier Maintenance and Service
When you have a washer and dryer set, it’s easier to keep up with maintenance and service. The cohesive functions of a laundry set can simplify scheduling maintenance appointments since the same technician will be able to service both appliances.
4. Energy efficiency
Another great advantage of having a laundry set is that they are often more energy efficient than if you bought the appliances separately. This is because many manufacturers design washers and dryers to work together optimally. As a result, you may see some savings on your energy bills each month.
5. Ease of use
Many sets come with similar or even identical controls, which can make doing laundry a lot easier. It can be frustrating to have to learn new settings on a new appliance when you are more familiar with the functionality of your older model. With a set, the controls will be familiar and easy to use.
6. Easy installation
When you buy both a washer and dryer at the same time, you can typically get them installed on the same day. This can be a great convenience if you don’t have a lot of extra time to schedule different installation appointments. Additionally, many stores offer discounted installation when you purchase a washer and dryer set, saving you from the headache of getting your new appliances up and running.